Thursday, February 17, 2011

Morning Thoughts

Do you ever think to yourself, wow, I'm really good at _____? Well I do! Almost every morning including today I think, I am SO good at walking. I have perfected the art of weaving on the train platform to bypass slow walkers, as well as the human game of Tetris that I'm thrown into as soon as I enter the main concourse of the terminal.  I get very frustrated by slow walkers in Grand Central who ruin my rhythm, especially when walking off the train and into the main concourse. How hard is it to put one foot after another? really?! This morning I felt like I was shuffling off to somewhere un-enjoyable - perhaps the food line in jail or off the plank on a pirate ship - just walking into the hall from the train platform. On the streets of NY I am equally as skilled, bypassing those slow walkers (at times tourists) and making the most of green lights by walking a new route everyday depending on where I can cross, etc. One day, I hope the entire human race will have the skills and know how of walking that I do, so that not one person ruins my morning and makes me want to tackle them. Now onto today's lists.

Things I Hate
That I have more than 25 friends on Facebook who felt it necessary to post that THEIR Borders was closing (Oh no!) and list how they truly had some great times there.....OK people, do you read the news and keep up with current events? Its not just YOUR Borders that's closing, its a part of 200 other stores in the US that they are closing, so please, before you post another status about how your Borders is closing and that you're so heartbroken...realize you are not alone and think twice.
Slow walkers (I think this might be a start to a trend here.....)
People not knowing who the Harlem Globetrotters are

Things I Love
How good I am at walking (I love this on a DAILY basis but will hopefully only write about it once)
Pandora (a little late to this but my office banned using it for a while)
LOST (again a few years too late...but Netflix is my new best friend and all shows I never had time to watch when they aired are now in my queue for consumption on a weekly and daily basis)
My new planner

No comments:

Post a Comment